Friday, August 9, 2013

I respect myself...

I did everything to make it work.
But why didn't it?
You told me you loved me and that you cared for me.
I thought it would last.
But why didn't it?
We had our ups and downs, but it seemed like you couldn't handle it.
We had those haters and people that liked us.
We ignored them, until it started affecting us.
It was so hard when you put your all into someone and it all goes down. 
Then it seems like our situation is all around.
I don't understand why people can't mind their own business.
When we stopped talking it seemed like you didn't care. 
Until I was at my locker or walking by and I see you stare. 
I know the relationship had to go, because I refuse to be told.
I am a young woman with a father in heaven, i don't need no man disrespecting me. 
I see the girls when I walk by hearing a boy called them the word that rhymes with pitch.
I listen to see what they say but all I hear is laughing like that's ok.
I have respect for myself and a lot of people think I'm rude.
It's like when you don't say nothing back they will continue.
I have been called selfish, ungrateful, spoiled, mean and feisty. Trust me I have been called more.
That boy told me he liked my respect but seem to hate it when we are around "friends."
I don't understand why you were trying to fit in? 
-Kennedi M.