Saturday, October 11, 2014

Keep your eye on God

Life will hit you when you don't even expect it too. It sometimes causes you too be lost and not knowing what to do. But that's when you call on God. You talk to him and tell him exactly how you feel. I was talking to a friend one day and I told her to call on God and her response was "I haven't talked to him in so long I can't talk to him." I let her know that God is a forgiving God. I have had moments in my life when I was going through the storm and wouldn't call on God, I wouldn't even pray because of the things I had done. But one day I wanted to change my life around I called on him and I told him everything I was feeling. I told him everything I had to say. I asked him for strength, forgiveness, and patience. I reminded myself that even though I prayed it's not on my time but on God's time. I reminded myself that my God will make a way. He will give me what I need not everything that I want. I reminded myself that my road may be difficult but one touch from God, everything will be alright. If you are afraid of talking to God because of certain things you have done in your life I'm telling you that God is a forgiving God. Ask him to forgive you. You have to start somewhere. Also, understand that even though we want things to change in a second it's not. Understand that we think God isn't doing anything and not helping when really his doing something big. Keep your eye on God and everything will be alright. 
-Kennedi M.