Friday, August 9, 2013

Friends....

Sometimes I don't think people understand me when I say, I like being alone. I don't like to party every weekend and I don't like to hang out much. I may go a few days without my phone or being on instagram/tumblr or other social sites, but it's because I feel everyone needs time to themselves. I need time to collect all my thoughts and talk to God, I need peace where I don't have to be stressed out. I need to write goals down and think about my next step. I don't think people can focus on themselves when they don't have "Me" time and thats maybe part of the reason why you have so much anger and hate. People misunderstand me as being "Selfish" or "Rude", "Misconstrued" or "Unwelcoming."
But really I'm just being "Me." I always get asked "Why are you always in the house?" (Mostly family) but the answer to that is I'm not, I get asked "Where are your friends at?" I look around and say I don't know. I feel like everyone is always trying to be known. Always trying to get 100 likes on a picture or have 2000 followers/friends on social sites. Their always trying to be at every party because they feel that their going to miss something. I understand going to parties is fun and I think people should party and enjoy themselves. But why every party?? ....I don't know maybe it's just me. I don't want to be around people like that. I have friends and I love them very much but I don't talk to them everyday, Their not going to always be at my house, I won't hang with them every weekend and I hope they respect that. I enjoy my independence and not having to depend on anyone, I know myself and know what I need to do, but understand I'm not perfect and I do make mistakes. I keep positivity around me the best I can. 
-Kennedi M.