Sunday, June 9, 2013

~My Trip

Going to the leadership program retreat was the BEST experience. In the beginning I didn't know how it was going to feel not being at home for four days, having room mates and ect. Being away from my mommy was hard but I did it. I learned so much there and met so many amazing friends. When we all got there, We were quiet but at the end of that night all 80 of us clicked. There wasn't anyone who hated each other or anything. Everyone was so supporting and clapped for everything. We became family seriously. Learning about drugs and listening to people tell their story was inspiring and really touched me. We always here about situations that happen but never really get to talk to the people or see them in person. 
 Going there for four days taught me a lot. Not being able to use my phone when I want to and not having wifi so I couldn't get on anything lol. Having room mates and having to share the bathroom and sharing rooms.
 They made you feel comfortable. Having workshops, playing games with our groups, riding the boat, laughing, talking, doing a Harlem shake video, crying and ect. 
 Having groups was something I enjoyed. My group was amazing, we were so close to each other and opened up to each other. When it was time to share our item we brought (something that means something too you) I felt like that's when we knew we could trust each other and that we could lean on each other. You never know what someone is going through no matter what they show on the outside. I'm really proud of myself and can't wait to continue my path. I'm here to inspire and share stories.
Love, 
Kennedi M.